The Communications Strategy Group Inc. is a consulting firm offering a full-slate of external communications services to emerging companies in life sciences, biotechnology, health care and advanced technologies.Located in the Boston area, our team is composed of senior-level consultants with expertise in market research and analysis; domestic and international major media relations; writing support; Web content; financial relations; crisis and issues management; litigation communications management; start-up company assistance, including fundraising, risk sharing and mentoring; UK government relations, and UK/EU business development. In Europe, we are partnered with Zyme Communications, Cambridge, and Cabinet Privé de Conseils s.a., Geneva. In the US we are partnered with Advanta Advertising, LLC.
CSG was founded in 1987 by Edward Agne, the current president.
High Tech, IT, Telecom
Con Edison Communications
Bain & Company
Heidrick & Struggles
Life Sciences, Biotech, Health Care
AC Immune SA
Beijing Genomics Institute (BGI)
Deep Cube SA
Exacis Biotherapeutics, Inc.
Gene Signal International SA
La Jolla Pharmaceutical Company
Oxxon Therapeutics Inc.
Pharming Group NV
The Chamberlain Group
- Advising Swiss medical device developer on entering US market.
- Designed, built and executed a trade media relations/media sensitization hands-on training program for a global medtech and diagnostics company.
- Conducted a comprehensive market analysis of the use of virtual reality to treat phobias and other emotional disorders.
- Counseled Swiss biotech CEO on dispute with major Swiss pharmaceutical company; organized media relations, meetings with Swiss Ambassadors to US and UK, and speaking opportunities before influential Swiss groups in the US, UK and EU.
- Consulting with US biotech on potential commercial partners and/or fund raising.
- Working with US device manufacturer to raise recognition and assist in fund raising.
- Organizing US business development meetings for heads of major UK biotech clusters.
- Advised Vietnam Ministry of Science and Technology on biotech cluster formation.
- Completed detailed survey of 50 employees in UK biotech to determine job satisfaction, management communications needs.
- Conducted a competitive market analysis for a New England-based contract research organization.
- Handled crisis communications for a large R&D; company as it transitioned from military to consumer arena.
- Developed and executed strategy and corporate materials for the launch of a fiber-optics company in Manhattan